Benefits of Flatbed Laminating
Material Handling Benefits
- Use all types of clean, easy to work with, dry adhesives—web, powder, film and thermally activated fibers. There is no need for liquid adhesives that create storage, handling, clean-up and environmental documentation problems.
- Laminate two or more layers of material in one pass.
- Use all kinds of substrates—fabric, foam, film, nonwovens, composites—even thick, rigid materials.
- Use for continuous roll-to-roll and sheet laminating.
Energy Savings Benefit
- No need to dry water or solvents results in lower energy input to manufacture your laminate.
- Replace flame bonding with an environmental friendly technique of laminating.
- Dry lamination does not burn off foam and product toxic fumes and in many cases venting exhaust and obtaining environmental permits for exhaust stacks are not needed.
- Conventional laminating equipment can be big and costly. In contrast, Glenro flatbed laminating machines and complete laminating lines occupy a small footprint and are surprisingly affordable, especially given their high throughput of top quality products. A smaller capital investment equals a faster ROI.
Process and Product Quality Benefits
- The process of applying heat and pressure simultaneously creates an excellent bond at fast line speeds.
- Better bond strengths at lower temperatures.
- It can also result in less adhesive usage.
- Zoned temperature control across the width of the product produces a uniform bond.
- The “ironing” effect on the laminate eliminates wrinkles.
- The laminate is restrained in a flatbed laminating machine which reduces shrinkage.
- The use of dry adhesives means there is no migration of water or solvents into the product.